Automated Object Based Image Feature Extraction
In this webinar we will showcase the powerful and easy to use software available from PCI Geomatics to perform object based feature extraction and change detection imagery over the City of Toronto, Canada.
The webinar will cover the complete workflow required to extract information from stereo overlapping ultra-high-resolution imagery (6 cm). We will perform segmentation, assign polygon attributes, build spectral indices, develop rule based classifications and perform merging and cleaning operations. Stereo overlapping imagery will be used to automatically extract a high resolution digital surface model that will be used in the analysis.
We will demonstrate how to easily extract features such as:
- Impervious surfaces
- Industrial features
- Green spaces
- Urban Forests
Date & Time:
April 17, 2018
What You'll Learn:
- How to apply object based image analysis to urban environments
- Data pre-processing
- Digital Surface Model (DSM) extraction
- Terrain filtering to create normalized elevation layer (DSM to DTM)
- Image segmentation at differing scales
- Attaching key statistics to segmentations to refine classifications
- Developing simple and more complex rules
- Merging, cleaning and exporting results
Can't Attend The Webinar?
Register anyway, a recording will be sent to all registrants after the webinar.